• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

in tank fuel pump dead

sloryd

One truck has a dead fuel pump. Where can I get a replacement?

I want to place with intank unit. I was reading in other posts, but they were old posts, that Olympic sells new ones. Does any have a contact or is there another resource available.

poppop

Have you checked it out completly and know for sure its dead?? There is a post just back a little ways talking about fixing the in tank pump. I have fixed two in the last two weeks and have not had to install a new pump yet. A lot of times it is bad connections that keep it from operating.

sloryd

Pretty sure the pump is dead. Took the unit apart and check with an Ohm meter and shows an open circuit even if I rotate the motor.

Thanks for telling me to take the pic of the pump before I call Olympic. I have found 2 used ones that are be shipped to me now. But I would like a new one.

Last edited:

sloryd

Got my pumps on friday. Olympic control is a great bunch of guys to work with. Highly recommended and very helpful. Thanks for letting me know about them.

halftrack43

Did you check power to the pump yet?Check it at the connector on top of your tank, then remove the Fuse block (square block on top of the tank has a glass fuse it it) They always corrode badly. If it is rome the block a take a small wire brush and burnish all the connections and clean out all the rust you can. 90% of the time it's that Dam fuse block. They are hard to find in unused condition. Check it out! You'll hear it hum if it works.