• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In tank fuel pump substitute for M35

2deuce

I've seen the price of original pumps, and wondered if there was some work around that didn't empty the wallet. They certainly went up in price since I bought my last one.
What pressure and volume did the original put out?
Thanks

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I've seen the price of original pumps, and wondered if there was some work around that didn't empty the wallet. They certainly went up in price since I bought my last one.
What pressure and volume did the original put out?
Thanks
I use a 24v Carter vane pump mounted on the firewall in the engine bay. gut the old pump and put a pickup hose on it In the tank.

P4603hD

2deuce

I looked in the tank, and it looks surprisingly clean, it is a 1987 truck, so it's not as old as some. If I remember right I think the pump runs slowly, and makes a lot of noise doing so, but doesn't pump anything. How are they resurrected?

KN6KXR

Pull the pump and check it out. Mine was filthy but even after cleaning would only run upside down. Since it's really hard to drive the truck that way I needed a new one.

Honestly the stock pump is a shit design. Why replace it with the same junk? I installed a Walbro for half the price and haven't looked back. Actually I scored it on eBay for like $50 so there's a place to look for a deal. Heck the hoses and fittings cost more (I upgraded to a premium modern hose instead of the hard lines). A good marine diesel pump like the Walbro will last a really long time. The stock one not so much.

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pull the pump and check it out. Mine was filthy but even after cleaning would only run upside down. Since it's really hard to drive the truck that way I needed a new one.

Honestly the stock pump is a shit design. Why replace it with the same junk? I installed a Walbro for half the price and haven't looked back. Actually I scored it on eBay for like $50 so there's a place to look for a deal. Heck the hoses and fittings cost more (I upgraded to a premium modern hose instead of the hard lines). A good marine diesel pump like the Walbro will last a really long time. The stock one not so much.

This is funny, as the original pumps have been in trucks for 50 plus years. Walbro on their site says their pumps will only last 10-20 years.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks