• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In tank lift pump

47to70

Found out my in-tank fuel pump quit after changing my fuel filters.............not the best time to find this out. Got her running, she starts and runs well but still want a lift pump. After pricing them just feel that they are crazy high............heqq, it's just a little electric pump............$550 is nuts. What other solutions are there?

Thanks

47to70

That carter pump looks good and is priced right. How do you hook it up to the truck lines without it leaking? Just ordered some exhaust pipes from Summit and could have had it shipped free (LOL). Yes, did check the fuse, juice getting to pump.

Thanks

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Use constant torque clamps on the hose slid over the metal lines.

Did you try and find out what went bad? Some in tank pumps have a fuse. If that is the case, did you check it?
Usually rust is the culprit

Attachments

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Would I be better off just pulling the old pump out and running a longer hose in the tank?
All I did. I just zip tied a hose to the outside frame down about an inch above where the pump bottom is so it wouldn't snag up too much crap.

You can maybe find a sock filter with a 1/2" hose barb but I didn't care.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another option would be to put in an electric pump on the fuel line, before the fuel injection pump. It's like a $35 part, wire it to your power switch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks