• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

in tank pump....

MrAugust

hi need an intank pump for my m35... it runs and drives fine.... but the pump is now dead.... lasted 2 yrs so not to bad... but what is it for... besides to agitate the tank.....

if you can help in in the uk.... email me... at cleggs20(at)hotmail.com

3rdmdqm

Makes start up faster. It is to be able to feed fuel to the filters and prime the lines when you change out the filters etc. While the truck will run without it becasue it draws fuel from the IP, if there is any air in the lines requiring priming prior to the IP you will need it. Otherside expect a lot of cranking and crancking and cranking.........

dmetalmiki

we found the 5 tons = no pump NO RUN! but the deuces seem to start and run ok without. I have a switch to turn off the in tank pump as soon as the deuce is up and running. and only use the pump for starting. as said with our 5 tons if I switch off the in tank pump the vehicle simply grinds to a halt! no idea why that should be as the engines are basically the same.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's there because a Bosch type fuel system needs the correct low pressure fuel to make the correct high pressure fuel. Some engines will run OK without it, others will have low power, others won't run at all.