• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In the market for a water buffalo

rustwagon

I am in the market for a water buffalo. Anyone have any pointers at to what I should keep an eye out for? I have been looking for a couple of months with no luck so far, but decided that I should probably ask what I should look out for before I am kicking the tires on one. For the time being I will be towing it with my F350 until the deuce is back together.

thanks

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a M149A2 for sale for $1,000. It's got the round stainless tank. I'm a little far from you though.

rustwagon

That is always the story. I find something I want and it is halfway across the country. If I don't get lucky soon I may have to start looking at shipping options.

I would think the Ford would be more than capable of towing a water buffalo.
Not really an issue as I will only be moving it down backroads about a mile loaded to sit next to a water tank for stock that we graze on different property.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It may be cheaper to get an M105 trailer and a 275 gallon IBC tote (325 gallon IBC's are also made) and make your own. The M149's I've seen are going for very good money - too rich for my blood and wallet!2cents

jasonjc

It may be cheaper to get an M105 trailer and a 275 gallon IBC tote (325 gallon IBC's are also made) and make your own. The M149's I've seen are going for very good money - too rich for my blood and wallet!2cents
For filling a stock tank I would just get a tank to put in the back of the pick up. You can put those in and out by hand in just a minute or two for a 1/4 of the cost of a water buffalo.

rustwagon

I haven't had any luck getting my hands on a 105 that is remotely close either. I have a ton of the 275 gallon ibc tanks in my aquaculture set ups. Figured the water buffalo would go nice behind the deuce when it is finished and can be used for a few other purposes than just the stock. Figure it along with my mythical MKT would make a nice set.

rustwagon

I have a friend who has a WWII water Buffalo but he is in NC so I think to far for you to come.
If the price were right on this one I would look into shipping.
Have spent the morning contemplating the shipping on the one from TN, but this one would probably look more correct behind the deuce.

DAP

Call Mr, Hinson (Andy) 291-6333 (area code is 704) and tell him that his friend down the road near JAARS with the AirForce M37 told you about his Water Buffalo. Last I knew he had it, also an International ambulance military version and lots of other neat stuff. He is not a member of Steel Soldiers and rarely has access to a computer.

Jimma

For hauling water the totes work real well. I strapped one to the back of a bobbed duece that does not have the bed on it yet to haul water to my cows this summer. It worked great. Putting it on a 105 frame would do the same thing as a water buffalo, its just not military looking. I think I will take my 105 frame and mount my tote on it. Otherwize the frame was just going to go to waste.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks