• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In the market, M35A2

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been biding my time for a while and am ready to get a M35A2 of my own, if not by summer. I admit, foolishly, I was overly excited upon discovering GL's auctions..that is until reading the horror stories here. I just cant take that chance right now, but mabey in the future when things settle down.

Anyway, I'd rather buy one from someone that I know or is credible (like here as I read). A Deuce would be a great "Shock and Awe" factor in town, especially on Texas A&M campus, for my organization's activities, and for the sheer pleasure of driving it! (I love a dirty girl :wink:) I have everything in order except the actual MV.

Heres what im looking for:

-M35A2 6x6 (Preferably Jeep-Kasier. My grandfather has memories about his)
-Price range: $2000-$2500 very VERY tops
-Must be a hard top (safety/security issue)
-Prefer a heater and/or winch (If you dont ask you dont receive..even if its a long shot :roll:)

My main issue, besides my wallet, is the mechanical factor. I wont have the means to do much heavy work on the Deuce due to the sheer amount of time, money, and energy college takes so it has to be in good working condition relatively speaking. If something major breaks life's gonn'a suck on my end for a while. I've already down graded from 3 hots and a cot to Raimen Noodles and a blanket to afford this hahaha. It would be nice to be able to pickup and drive it home so Texas and neighboring states would be great, unless I could get the deuce and shipping within that budge range, but I'd rather spend the cash on the Deuce itself and you can put more in your pocket. Win-win right?

But the good news is that A&M fully endorses my efforts of buying this Deuce and would help out. I would get to join nofearnohope in local events and join up with the rest of yall too. Mabey I've stepped out of line asking here..mabey it's 12:30 at night after a few drinks..but definitely I've got the "bug" and cant shake it, I've got to get me a Deuce! :mrgreen:

Last edited:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mabey I've stepped out of line asking here..mabey it's 12:30 at night after a few drinks..but definitely I've got the "bug" and cant shake it, I've got to get me a Deuce! :mrgreen:
Hardtop, heater/winch and excellent running condition without the need for repairs for 2-2.5k might be a tad tough to pull off on the private market.

GoHot229

^^^^^ What He ^^^ said. It's unlikely that the people here are looking for charity cases as it were to give their 5-6 K Deuces over for 2-2.5 K. But you cant wrong someone for trying. The Hardtop is like a tin foil helmet, not much for safety as such, but more for security, though thats what the chain and padelock are for....not to hi-tech. A heater, mabe included, but typically add a couple hundered to the price......now a WINCH you say...... To tell the truth, they are over-rated, but cool and occasionally usefull, (if you can keep shear pins in 'em) But that little toy will add another K easily, mabe $1,500 to the price. Kind of like the car lot....base car $xxx, add wheels, $xxx+, add tint and power door locks, $xxx+++. You get the idea.
What your likely to get for that kind of money is: A 70's Deuce, soft-top, no winch, bare bones, hopefully it will still have the troop seats and headboard though, and with 50% tires, in need of a bit of rust removal (sanding) and probably running good enough. Just DONT CONSIDER one with engine or deivetrain issues..... But good luck Fuzz, It never hurts to ask,

BugEyeBear

On one hand I applaud your desire to get a Deuce...

But on the other hand I have to say that MAYBE now is not the best time in your life to acquire a potential "Money Pit". College, and all of the costs & time commitments involved, should be your 1st priority.

THAT SAID, perhaps you can check to see if A&M has a SAE Chapter that you can join? This might provide you with access to tools , equipment, facilities, & knowledge that would help you to maintain/repair a large vehicle like this. That way you AND other students could all gain a hands-on education while having a little fun! "WIN - WIN!!"

Just don't compromise your 1st priority... School.
The "toys" will come later if you can't swing it right now.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hardtop, heater/winch and excellent running condition without the need for repairs for 2-2.5k might be a tad tough to pull off on the private market.
I had suspected that but who knows.

^^^^^ What He ^^^ said. It's unlikely that the people here are looking for charity cases as it were to give their 5-6 K Deuces over for 2-2.5 K. But you cant wrong someone for trying. The Hardtop is like a tin foil helmet, not much for safety as such, but more for security, though thats what the chain and padelock are for....not to hi-tech. A heater, mabe included, but typically add a couple hundered to the price......now a WINCH you say...... To tell the truth, they are over-rated, but cool and occasionally usefull, (if you can keep shear pins in 'em) But that little toy will add another K easily, mabe $1,500 to the price. Kind of like the car lot....base car $xxx, add wheels, $xxx+, add tint and power door locks, $xxx+++. You get the idea.
What your likely to get for that kind of money is: A 70's Deuce, soft-top, no winch, bare bones, hopefully it will still have the troop seats and headboard though, and with 50% tires, in need of a bit of rust removal (sanding) and probably running good enough. Just DONT CONSIDER one with engine or deivetrain issues..... But good luck Fuzz, It never hurts to ask,
No "charity case" here, I work for a living :p. But I see your point. My goal with the hard top is to keep the large amount of wondering Hispanics from throwing their trash in the cab and a minor security feature. The rest is all preference as I enjoy getting my Jeep deep in the mud and it would be nice to have a winch on hand. My girl wanted a heater so when she drives...wait..mabey thats not a good idea hahaha:lol:. I've already got spare chain and a nice home-made security device thats still in the works. But what you said would work fine for me.

On one hand I applaud your desire to get a Deuce...

But on the other hand I have to say that MAYBE now is not the best time in your life to acquire a potential "Money Pit". College, and all of the costs & time commitments involved, should be your 1st priority.

THAT SAID, perhaps you can check to see if A&M has a SAE Chapter that you can join? This might provide you with access to tools , equipment, facilities, & knowledge that would help you to maintain/repair a large vehicle like this. That way you AND other students could all gain a hands-on education while having a little fun! "WIN - WIN!!"

Just don't compromise your 1st priority... School.
The "toys" will come later if you can't swing it right now.
I will definately look into the local SAE Chapter, im sure we do. And money pit..oh boy is it, just looking to get a quick fix.

BugEyeBear

IF you fix it yourself & shop around for good prices on parts they aren't too much of a "money pit".

BUT IF you pay someone else to fix it "WHOA NELLIE" you can spend big $$ FAST!

That's why I suggested joining SAE.
Even if you are mechanically inclined & can tackle most automotive repairs THESE trucks ARE bigger and require bigger heavy duty tools that most guys don't have at home.
Your local SAE club might already have these heavy duty tools, and they probably have access to discounts on parts, and MIGHT even have local vendors who are willing to DONATE parts and services to the SAE chapter in exchange for a little honorable mention!! As a private party you are unlikely to obtain discounts and donations of this nature....

Besides that you will likely gain experience from other members and the advisor.
AND you might even make a few friends along the way!

I think it would be COOL for your SAE chapter to have a Deuce! & it would afford them the opportunity to work on something a little different than a "muscle car" or "rice rocket"!

Diesel, Multifuel, 6x6, Military design, split rims, maybe a little body work & paint?? ALL good experiences that one can possibly use down the road!

:grin:

Last edited:

omega231

Ive got a fully functional deuce that Im willing to part with for $2,500. Comes with heater, electric winsheild wipers, air-shift assist front axel, cargo cover with full set of bows, troop seats with head ache rack (one side is fiberglass), working lights and gauges, and a good battery set. There are some oil leaks, but none are a major threat to the engine.

greenjeepster

Well if you are like I was in college than "time and energy" means parties and beer. Cut those two things and maybe women and you have excess money and still can pull good grades while playing with a big truck:p

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's why I suggested joining SAE.
Even if you are mechanically inclined & can tackle most automotive repairs THESE trucks ARE bigger and require bigger heavy duty tools that most guys don't have at home.
Your local SAE club might already have these heavy duty tools, and they probably have access to discounts on parts, and MIGHT even have local vendors who are willing to DONATE parts and services to the SAE chapter in exchange for a little honorable mention!! As a private party you are unlikely to obtain discounts and donations of this nature....

Besides that you will likely gain experience from other members and the advisor.
AND you might even make a few friends along the way!

I think it would be COOL for your SAE chapter to have a Deuce! & it would afford them the opportunity to work on something a little different than a "muscle car" or "rice rocket"!

Diesel, Multifuel, 6x6, Military design, split rims, maybe a little body work & paint?? ALL good experiences that one can possibly use down the road!

:grin:
I do enjoy a good work on my everyday wheels and was planning on doing some paint work on the Deuce eventually. Luckily for me the college has a sports car club and off roading club for this kind of stuff. I know they both have access to university shops so that would be nice, but im sure ill be the biggest if not baddest mother ***ker there. :twisted: I need to find me an old Aggie who will support my cause. That usually does the trick for these things.

Ive got a fully functional deuce that Im willing to part with for $2,500. Comes with heater, electric winsheild wipers, air-shift assist front axel, cargo cover with full set of bows, troop seats with head ache rack (one side is fiberglass), working lights and gauges, and a good battery set. There are some oil leaks, but none are a major threat to the engine.
I like options what can I say! It sounds good but I'd have to wait until this next summer due to price + airfare to get there + fuel back then add DMV procedures.. and additional stuff for the engine (oil, tubes, etc to be safe). Dont get me wrong here, I'd like to see more pictures and know more about it. PM me.

Well if you are like I was in college than "time and energy" means parties and beer. Cut those two things and maybe women and you have excess money and still can pull good grades while playing with a big truck:p
I wish..class, work, work, do business, pay bills, work, eat, sleep (Ranger Nap mostly). I wish I had time for women and beer!:-D But I get the weekends off to sleep and what not which will be consumed by my new "interests".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks