• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In transport

Hammer

For transport only though.
Imagine how little weight could be over the front axles, and having to steer that thing around?

Still, interesting way of securing the load like that.

Elwenil

A Bv202 only weighs about 6400 lbs but that still hangs a lot of wieght off the back, increasing the leverage. I don't know that I would enjoy driving that rig around for any great distance, lol.

rmgill

Well, I'd bet that that BV202 is VERY light in the rear vs in the front. The engine, transmission and most of the drive line is in the front section. The rear will have a transmission, but aside from sheet metal and rubber band tracks, not much.

knissen

Well, I'd bet that that BV202 is VERY light in the rear vs in the front. The engine, transmission and most of the drive line is in the front section. The rear will have a transmission, but aside from sheet metal and rubber band tracks, not much.
I fully agree, most of the weight of a unladen BV202 is in the front vehicle. I would quess that the rear wagon weighs less than 2000Lb.
I will be displaying this setup in september 09 on our big Danish MV show, JDR show 2009 - i should be finished with the cosmethics on my M621 then, and It will also be the easiest way to get the BV to the show.

oddnor

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi

With some Mathematics you can calculate the middle point in loading

If I'm not wrong it's some inch forward the rear axel's

Out from that point, heavy forward, light back......

So this loading is no problem at all

Have driven with a GMC tanker on the plain, loaded the right way, with the front bumper in to the cab....fore 500 km...... I'm still here.....:p

Knissen, jeg sendte deg en PM........:-D

Odd

Elwenil

Ok, so the weight is no issue but what about the boom swinging out back? Going through a city or town would almost require a following car to radio when you are clear with that much overhang past the pivot point. I'm not saying it's not a good idea, just not something the average guy would want to attempt. Seems like it would be hard to load without a crane or loading dock also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks