• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Incorrect VIN number???

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
18operator wants to trade titles and dash data plates with someone elses truck. Not only does that sound bad, but they would essentially be buying each others trucks. Which would also mean paying taxes on the assessed value of these trucks. That could get pricy quick. All of that just to have a different data tag. I'm sure there are some charities out there that would appreciate that money more than his local state government would.
It is better to spend a few bucks to legally correct the issue , than save a few bucks and commit fraud.

18operator

Update to Incorrect V.I.N.

UPDATE:
I talked to the man at the equipment dealership, he is selling it for the current owner (friend of his). The current owner is also the previous owner of my truck. We looked at numbers of both trucks and the frame number on his truck matches the cab data plate on my truck. The frame number on my truck matches the cab data plate on his truck.

18operator

The data plates were swapped for some unknown reason.
I had contacted the DMV by me, and they told me its just a matter of having the incorrect title. And that I should go ahead and get the correct title for the correct truck, and that they would waive the taxes.

dmetalmiki

Now that's a good resolution. And shows what happens when the problem is approached in a straight forward manner. as well as openly and honestly.