• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Increase max speed for 5 Ton MTV?

I'm looking at the 1088A1 or 1083A1 to buy and like to know if those models can be modified to increase the max speed. Not so much because I want to go much faster than 55 MPH, but I don't want to be at the max RPMs when I do drive 55 MPH; would probably save on engine wear, noise and dare I say: fuel mileage. I've been reading a lot on LMTVs on this forum and how to change the gearing/ drive axles, but I couldn't find much for these models. (except 'bigger wheels' :) )
Anyone know of mods or tricks to increase the max speed on the 5 Ton MTVs?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ask the vendor mentioned in the above thread what they did with the middle axles. They might still have some or direct you to who they sold them to.

Thank you for redirecting me, I re-read the post and now I see the same modification and gear parts apply to the 5 ton models. I called Premier Metal Buyers about the middle axle, but the person who would know had already left for the day. I will call back another time.
Curious to know if anybody else did the gear change on the 5 ton MTV and how it worked out with the middle axle?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks