• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Indecent exposure

98taco3

Went to go pick up my M37 from the sand blaster today and ended up driving away with an empty trailer. Made a great deal with the resto shop that did the blasting to do the paint work so it will come back ready for reassembly! Cant wait to see it wearing its new paint. Heres a few pictures of it as she sits right now...

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Went to go pick up my M37 from the sand blaster today and ended up driving away with an empty trailer. Made a great deal with the resto shop that did the blasting to do the paint work so it will come back ready for reassembly! Cant wait to see it wearing its new paint. Heres a few pictures of it as she sits right now...
I spent two complete weekends grinding and sanding on my first M37 and only got the grill, headlights one fender and half the hood down to the metal...had about 6 thousand layers of paint!:roll:

Took it to the local blaster we use (outstanding work) and in a day and a half I picked up the truck...blasted clean and primed for paint!

After MB saw me work so hard for so little results and saw what the blaster can do...all I gotta do is grovel a little and she produces the blasting bucks:-D

I betcha you are gonna be pleasantly surprised!!:jumpin:

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got a hook up with a local sandblaster 2 days ago and after seeing that I'm convinced thats the way to go. Looks like thats going to be a nice ride even after you get it dressed.[thumbzup]

1943ht

Me-to

PB is right .. sandblast is the only way to go .. Did my 53M37 and the M101A1 trailer before I started any work on either one. Even picked up a small blast inexpensive cabinet from the local Fleet Farm Store and after some minor modifications (plastic home-made media feed hopper, good light set-up etc) have blasted all of my small parts to include lights, trim pieces, all of my windshield hardware, door and window cranks etc and all of the bow and rail hardware for both truck and trailer .. it so nice when you prime and paint that clean, just like new metal rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks