• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Indiana BMV No plate Question

bigbird1

Went to the BMV in Indiana and signed up for the permanent military registration and they gave me a envelope to send 3 pictures in of my registration numbers on the truck one of the back one of each side, I can only find one under the hood and on the id dash plate. The lady couldn't tell me what they wanted, do I need to paint them on the back and sides or ? Just wondering what other Indiana guys did on there deuce to appease the BMV Gods.

Last edited:

cbvet

My trucks have the numbers on the insides of the cab doors and inside the toolbox door. Bmv doesn't care where the numbers are, just that they are in 3 places "as originally done by the military". But as there are differences in the way different units marked them, it's up to you to figure out where they should go.

RodUSMC1962

I just put numbers on both sides of the hood and back bumper using numbers of vehicles I drove in the Corps , no problem. I did this with 3 vehicles and 1 trailer so far.You can make up any numbers you want. :beer:

Jayrassic

I am a bit confused on the registration process in Indiana. I have read about these numbers in 3 places, are they also needed if registering as an antique? Dots required? Any pointing in the right direction is greatly appreciated... I'm certainly a fng to all of this. Thanks!

RodUSMC1962

The DMV has the form to fill out. Numbers must be in three place, white or yellow, police check to confirm and sigh off on form, some DMV offices are not aware of this law. :driver:As far as I know it has to be a military vehicle.

stb64

the army quit putting the reg numbers on the hood's sides and on the tailgate in 1975.
when the new merdc camouflage scheme was introduced, the regulation required the reg number to be moved to the dash.
as per regulation, no reg numbers would be put on the outside of the vehicle.
some vehicles had the number painted on the inside of the doors or under the hood when there was not enough space on the dash.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks