• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Indiana to Colorado with 5 ton

my76fj40

Going to be driving from IN to CO 7-8 Mar along the I70 corridor as part of a recovery, PM me if you need to throw anything in the back. Going to be a bit of a highball run barring any problems.

Last edited:

my76fj40

M923A1, being gone through a bit before the trip. Still taking it easy, besides aren't all the trucks unknown at some point? Bringing some ear plugs, tools, and a few parts, love road trip adventures anyway.

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck on your trip. I live just east of Indy at exit 96 off of I-70 and have a 5-ton and a tow bar if needed.

David

Ilikemtb999

Good luck and have a safe trip. I went from Illinois to colorado about a year ago in my M1009, not the same but slow, loud and long nonetheless.

my76fj40

Made it back to Co without real incident. Replaced 4 Hawker batteries with 2-1400CCA 12 volts. Had the drier start leaking right after pickup while getting tags, must have had some debris or ice. Created a little pressure by holding it closed to build a little pressure and releasing to clear it. Had a pinhole coolant leak in the front freeze plug in the head. Ended up using a nickle and a quarter with som sealent to get home. Ran between 50 and 55 for the most part the 1200-ish miles back and averaged 7.8 mpg. That includes pulling a pass in 2nd gear. Truck started on first turn on a very chilly morning on the way home. A very successful trip by all counts. A little sore in the butt and glad to be home.

Special thanks to Bob for his insight and assistance, and Alan for following up during the trip.