• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Influence MV Magazine

houdel

Well, I finally got it figured out. I use Firefox as my default browser and could not get to the survey entry in Firefox. I pasted the link into IE and the survey popped right up. For what it is worth, as of 11:00am Sunday the results were Jeeps, 16%, medium trucks, 27%, 5 tons and up, 33%. That gives the medium and heavy trucks a total of 60%. I would hope MV would be influenced by this survey and give more coverage in the medium/heavy category but I doubt it; the leadership is pretty well fixated on jeeps.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
houdel said:
would hope MV would be influenced by this survey and give more coverage in the medium/heavy category but I doubt it; the leadership is pretty well fixated on jeeps.
I think that you must have mistaken MV for some other magazine. Knowing the editor - and he is "the leadership" in its entirety, as well as some of the authors as I do :), I've not seen a Jeep fixation. If I've missed something, please let me know.

Best wishes,
David

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been happy with the magazine. Costs more than I would like for just 6 issues, but figure I have saved that much and more with the articles and ad's for parts. Seems like a good mix of large and small MVs.

Dennis

Last edited:

houdel

houdel said:
I would hope MV would be influenced by this survey and give more coverage in the medium/heavy category but I doubt it; the leadership is pretty well fixated on jeeps.
OK, I will back down and admit that was a bit of an overstatement, and the "fixated" comment is more suited to that other magazine. However, the survey results as of today were 31% in the 1/4 ton to 1-1/4 ton categories vs 60% for 1-1/2 ton to 5 ton and up vehicles. That is roughly a 2:1 ratio in favor of the medium/heavy vehicles (although I would not have included 1-1/2 ton trucks in the same category as deuces, as the survey does).

Counting up the articles listed in the cumulative index for issues 101 to 120 published in this month's magazine, there were 38 articles listed for the 1/4 to 1-1/2 ton vehicles and 28 for 2-1/2 to 12 ton vehicles. That is a ratio of roughly 4:3 in favor of the smaller vehicles, so there was a fair sized grain of truth in my comment.

All that said, I am very happy with MV magazine. I just wish the ADVERTISERS (and I realize MV can't control what the advertisers want to sell) would list more Deuce & 5 ton parts!

Jetnoise400

I cast my vote.. big OD Iron all the way!

I just wish someone (nods in the direction of David Doyle... :D ) would do a nice historical piece on WWII International Harvester trucks. Sure would like to know more about this FFN-3 (M-3L-4) I'm restoring... not to mention see some more photos.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Guys, the Jeeps seem to be pulling ahead... can we update this? :D

AJMBLAZER

Hopefully if they're smart they'll read the poll for what it really says...

...something like 70+% of the respondents want coverage of stuff bigger than jeeps.

J2H

In my reenacting hobby the GPWs and MBs are some of the most sought after vehicles. I like the old jeeps, but they are impractical for use as a daily driver, which is why I'm aiming for a CUCV

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeeps to MVs are is like the Sportster is to a full size Harley-Davidson. Yea, it's a Harley. But it's really only "half a Harley." Fun to ride, but it takes a deuce to really :grd:

No offense Jeepsters. I just like 13, 800 lb. six-wheel drive, multi-fuel monsters.

But that's just me.

J2H

Don't get me wrong, I love the big trucks too, but they also seem to be inpractical for daily drivers because of their sizes

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks