• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Info behind 1941 Chev

hwcurtice

This is listed locally. Claims to be a 1941 Chev 1.5 ton truck and former military. Is it still considered a CCKW?

Obviously needs tires and glass. But worth saving? Do these have data plates?

Chev lite Military.jpg

Last edited:

joeM62

Surprising these can be found and can get parts for. You can look at ATHS.com you'll see some there pop up from time to time. can check the guys in the Military Vehicle Magazine.

WW2Chevy

Can you tell what the serial number says??

I was able to make out 21YP0149????

21 - built in Janesville, WI
YP - Short wheel base cargo
01 - Jan 41 build

49??? number off the assembly line, minus 1001. They started numbering with 1001 each new model year (Aug - July)

hwcurtice

Might be 4984X? Can't seem to get the last digit.

Its no longer listed so I don't know if he's scrapped it or sold it. I hope it got sold to someone that can show it some love.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks