• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Info needed on NSN 6115-889-1446 Generator

Hey fellas, did a quick search with no results on the TM number

(MEP-015A).

Any information on this generator would be greatly appreciated, I am going to take a look at one this weekend and would like to know if it is worth the $$$ the guy is asking, he says it is a 1.5kw (skid mounted) with a twin-cylinder chrysler marine engine. Says it will put out over 3kw under ideal conditions.

Any help / info / reviews ?

Thanks!
GM

Attachments

Last edited:

Chief_919

Yep, good old 15.kw. 3kw is a bit optimistic, maybe just for a brief surge.

They are tempermental, have a wrap cord to start, are load, and 3x as heavy as a modern genset that puts out more power.

I have a couple of the 28v ones here I need to see if I can make one run...

Just found that model # (MEP-015A) and edited the first post. I am getting results when I search that. The guy did not have that number available.

Do you think it's worth the $200.00 he is asking ??

Stonepicker1

TM's you will want are:
TM 5-6115-323-14( 1.5 KW )
TM 6115-323-24P( 1.5 KW )
TM 5-2805-257-14( 3 HP engine book )
TM 5-2805-257-24P( 3 HP engine Parts book )

The fuel tank holds 1.5 gallons of gasoline and its average fuel consumption is 0.64 gallons per hour of continuous operation under full load.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks