• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Info on 4 cylinder diesel continental?

PaFarmer

I saw an interesting motor that might be neat in a vehicle like a samurai. The motor is a Continental Mdl TMD27 4 cylinder diesel engine Sn 91120129. The motor puts out 66.5 HP out of 2.7L.

What was this motor used in? What transmission bolt to the flywheel? Any information appreciated.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Generator motor.

PaFarmer

I had a sammy with the 1.3 L. I have seen the VW 1.8T swap, but this motor is a lot cheaper.

Bill W

The Military 230ci in the m-37 is rated at 94bhp @ 3200rpm ( taken right out of the TM 230ci rebuild manual)
I don't think trading to 66hp diesel which is probably governed at 2700rpm will cut it..but I've been wrong before

Bill W

Acually its 188ft/lbs @ 1200rpm's which is impressive for that little flathead.
A buddy of mine has a 251ci in his 37 and boy what a difference in performance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks