• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Info on MEP-806B CIM Software

psears

The company I work at has several MEP-806B generators for electrical supply on plant outages. (we're a electrical power service company)
We also service the generators in house and I've been looking into the CIM and DCS . I have a copy of the software but no information on what platform it runs on.
I'm guessing Windows CE.
Can anyone offer any information on using the software and if setpoints can be altered?

Thanks in advance

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The company I work at has several MEP-806B generators for electrical supply on plant outages. (we're a electrical power service company)
We also service the generators in house and I've been looking into the CIM and DCS . I have a copy of the software but no information on what platform it runs on.
I'm guessing Windows CE.
Can anyone offer any information on using the software and if setpoints can be altered?

Thanks in advance
"and if setpoints can be altered?" => Which setpoints?

"Can anyone offer any information on using the software"
Read from Post 55

psears

"and if setpoints can be altered?" => Which setpoints?

"Can anyone offer any information on using the software"
Read from Post 55

Thanks. Very good information.

I am looking into how the voltage regulator setpoint might be changed.

The genset has the voltage regulator set to 440VAC. For our purposes we require 480 VAC.

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Adjustment via multi turn trim potentiometer on AVR

IMG_7800.jpeg

IMG_7783.jpeg

be very careful, they have end stops but that hard to feel.
use a watchmaker screw driver,

psears

Adjustment via multi turn trim potentiometer on AVR

View attachment 902792

View attachment 902793

be very careful, they have end stops but that hard to feel.
use a watchmaker screw driver,

Thanks again. I appreciate the help.

We're looking into getting a little more into maintaining these and other milspec gensets we have.
We purchased a spare set of controls when we first bought these but after a couple of issues we now are focusing on repairing some of the components that have gone down.
I've done genset controls on commercial generators for decades but not on military equipment since the 70's.

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks again. I appreciate the help.

We're looking into getting a little more into maintaining these and other milspec gensets we have.
We purchased a spare set of controls when we first bought these but after a couple of issues we now are focusing on repairing some of the components that have gone down.
I've done genset controls on commercial generators for decades but not on military equipment since the 70's.
Good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks