• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Info, tips, things to watch for, things I need to know, etc.

MVEnthusiast

Hey yall, if this is not an appropriate post please let me know, im new to the forum.

Im getting an M35A2 here pretty soon.

What are things I need to watch out for?
What are things I need to know?
Any tips, info, help?

Examples: I saw something about doing something with the air tank everyday, being careful when inflating the tires, ether starting for cold weather, water fording kits, etc.

Anything I need to know about the M35A2. Sorry, I realize this is a very broad question.

Thanks
Travis

M1075

RE: Info, tips, things to watch for, things I need to know,

The first thing you need to know is that you should get the operator's manual and study it. It will help you a lot!

MVEnthusiast

Thanks. Ive been looking for them, but not sure where the best place to get them is.....?

jwaller

read the stuff about picking up your truck. lots of good stuff there about Driving and things to watch out for.

area52

Left side of screen near the bottem, tech manuals you can download from here.

ida34

Travis,
The military spend a lot of money making idiot proof operator's manuals that cover both operation and maint. There are before, during, and after operation checks the military does and one of the after checks includes draining the air tanks.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?module=pagesetter&type=file&func=get&tid=1&fid=file&pid=86

Start by reading the manual and if you have specific questions someone should be more than willing to help answer them. Your blanket question is a bit open ended. Read the manual over and if you don't understand something post it and we can try to help. Also look back through the posts in the M35 section and see if anything looks like it would benefit you to read and know.

JDToumanian

Before I got my deuce... even before I was a member of SteelSoldiers, I read almost every thread in the Deuce forum here. I started out knowing nothing specific about MVs, and four or five hours later I had downloaded the manuals and knew enough to confidently make a purchase. Reading all the posts is not as bad as you might think.... There's a lot of overlap and duplicate threads. Pretty soon, you can start ignoring threads about tires, brakes, injector pumps, turning up the fuel, etc...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks