• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection line boots

Welder1

I am looking for some advice. I have my injection pump removed for service and wanted to replace the rubber boots on the injection lines. I have a set ordered but looking at the lines I am not sure you can install them over the end fitting. Does anyone have any advice on that? I don't want to ruin one trying out ideas. Thanks.

Eddie Cannon

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had them on my truck and they were all dry rotted and falling off. I ended up taking them off. If you every plan on taking the injection lines off, I suggest spraying them with your favorite penetrating lubricant prior to taking them off. Even as part of a PM, I would put a little bit of oil on them once in a great while. This will help the nut turn on the line if you ever have to take them off. It will make your life a lot easier down the road.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sorry, I don't think I answered your question either. I do not know how you would put the new injection line boots on. I think they are installed prior to putting the end flare fitting on, but I could be wrong. You can try putting them on over the 11/16" nut. Or you might get lucky any be able to get them over the injector side of the line which is 9/16". either way, I do not think these boots are necessary. Just keep them oiled at the injection pump so they don't get rusty where dirt/water might settle in.

Welder1

OK I got the new boots in and was able to install them over the pump end fitting. I didn't think they would stretch that much but they will. I used dielectric silicone grease and pulled them over the fitting. You have to secure the line in a vise so the fitting is in a fixed position. You have to use a small screwdriver and while pulling on the boot assist it by walking the screwdriver around the fitting. It's fairly hard but it is possible. There appears to be no issue with the boot afterwards. So now you know installing new boots on you injection lines is possible.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks