• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection Pump installation?

coyote_hunter

I put a rebuilt ip in yesterday, and cracked the line and cranked the engine untill I got fuel coming out of each line. I tighten the lines back up and tried it, but it wouldn't start. It sounds like it wants to go, but just won't start up. I was wondering if I could have possibly got the timing off. Is it possible to get the timing gear off one tooth, or will it not lift high enough to get off by a tooth?

coyote_hunter

It's the only thing that I can possibly think could be going wrong. When I went to put the pump back in I stuck a finger in on the gear and wiggled in a little to help the pump go back in. I could have gotten the dowel in the round hole and not the slot, but I'm not sure if the bolt holes would have even lined up.

QuickSilver

This sounds like a stupid question, but I have done dumb things like this myself so many times... :mrgreen: Did you re-connect the red wire?

K9Vic

Did you put in all three bolts back on inside the oil fill? If you only put in two then it is not aligned right.

Are your glow plugs and that system working?

Did you bleed the air out from the filter?

coyote_hunter

Did you put in all three bolts back on inside the oil fill? If you only put in two then it is not aligned right.

Are your glow plugs and that system working?

Did you bleed the air out from the filter?
I put all 3 bolts back in

I just went through my GP system a few weeks ago.

I have an electric fuel pump and I opened the screw until I had fuel running out.

The truck was running, but it had been starting real hard and I was getting debri in the check valve so I new the pump was on the way out.

coyote_hunter

Pulled the water pump off today, timing marks were lined up. It doesn't look like there is enough room for the gear to get off one tooth for those who were wondering. I'm guessing the timing in the pump is off. It was a rebuilt with a warranty, so I will be calling the diesel shop tomorrow. Not happy right now........

coyote_hunter

I called the guy who rebuit the pump and he said I probably need to advance the pump more, even though the truck only has 37K on it and the last pump was lined up with the timing marks on the outside of the casing. I will mess around with it tonight and let you guys know.

coyote_hunter

Well I got the truck running tonight. I advanced the timing and took the air cleaner off and laid a gas soak rag over the intake and it fired right up. The timing is still off, but I don't for a pulse adapter for my timing light, so I'm going to take it down to a shop in town and have them set it.