• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection pump issues

I put throttle shaft seals in my ip after studding my heads putting new 6.5 injectors in the 6.2 & new head gaskets to bolt on my holset hx40 turbo, I got the entire truck back together.

Bleed the fuel system and it fired right up for about 2 minutes idle perfect and then shit off as if I was sitting inside the cab and turned the key off, and wouldn’t restart until I cracked the injectors lines (bumping around in the ol power barn) & then got them back on and it restarted and repeated, idled perfect and then shut off like I hit the key I ordered a new fuel shut off solenoid
After testing it and it clicked but not a very thuddy sound like

I thought it was just kind of a small tap tap like it’s hardly moving hoping It solves the issue. any help or insight would be appreciated. Ps it has fuel at the ip but only little dribbles truck ran and drove fine before I was tinkering with it.

It kind of reads to me like you have an air leak somewhere in the fuel system.

Here is a video I made about intentionally running a 6.2 dry and then priming. It reads like yours is running about as long as mine did with no fuel:

I’ll check that video out when I get off of work and check for fuel leaks anywhere thanks I’ll update soon.

Hey Barrman, I don’t have it back together yet, but wanted to give that update and say you were most likely right abought the air leak I popped the injection pump cap off and guess what I found 826062BF-FB84-4703-8BDF-AAF4EA266211.jpeg
I’ll give you a hint if you didn’t see the giant chunk of the o ring gone! I’d say that’s my air leak right at the ip

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Barrman, I don’t have it back together yet, but wanted to give that update and say you were most likely right abought the air leak I popped the injection pump cap off and guess what I found View attachment 899067
I’ll give you a hint if you didn’t see the giant chunk of the o ring gone! I’d say that’s my air leak right at the ip
Did you keep the mechanical lift pump or do an electric one? Could be, if it's mechanical, it's worn out and can't handle the volume anymore.

87cr250r

That seal should leak out, not in. That's a Viton seal. It's the good stuff and should last 40+ years. If it's bad so is every other piece of rubber in the system. There is one specific piece that can't be made from Viton and has a short life compared to the injection pump and that is the lift pump diaphragm.

Reactions: cwc
Did you keep the mechanical lift pump or do an electric one? Could be, if it's mechanical, it's worn out and can't handle the volume anymore.
The truck ran fine before hand I just did a head job on the truck & put studs in & head gaskets because as I said I’m installing a hx40 Supercore turbo & I put throttle shaft seals in because they were leaking. The mechanical lift pump that’s on the engine works fine. But I do have a new air dog 5g II fuel pump for the truck.

That seal should leak out, not in. That's a Viton seal. It's the good stuff and should last 40+ years. If it's bad so is every other piece of rubber in the system. There is one specific piece that can't be made from Viton and has a short life compared to the injection pump and that is the lift pump diaphragm.
I had just been messing with the IP after doing the head studs I put “throttle shaft seals” in the o rings and I keep ending up with air in the system. That’s the only bad gasket. I’ve found everything else has already been replaced I’m assuming it went bad because I was just inside of the ip should have replaced it the first time I was had it open but I didn’t notice the gasket was all fudged up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks