• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection Pump Light Load Advance Plunger

Kevin Donahue

Hi All,

I have a fairly unique issue on my 6.5 in my M1123.
The truck came in a few weeks ago and was almsot immaculate. Truthfully believe it only has 500 miles on it.

However, its probably been sitting for at least 5 years if that is the case, maybe much longer.

One of the things that seems cemented in place is my "light load advance plunger" on my injection pump. (The little button that is actuated by that little arm which is controlled with a cam that is moved with throttle input).

I have seen a lot of trouble shooting around if that plunger gets stuck in but what about if it is stuck OUT like mine? No matter how hard I push on it it wont budge.

Is this going to hurt my motor if I drive around with it like this and/or affect performance. Throttle seems to work okay otherwise but I haven't had the Humvee over like 10 MPH yet as it is getting a full tear down for paint.

Thanks!!!

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine was rusted in place from the water sitting in the valley. It had a definite " catch " that could be felt in the accelerator pedal just above idle. It drove me crazy to the point that I pulled the pump and had it rebuilt. Best thing I've done to this truck yet.

Kevin Donahue

Mine was rusted in place from the water sitting in the valley. It had a definite " catch " that could be felt in the accelerator pedal just above idle. It drove me crazy to the point that I pulled the pump and had it rebuilt. Best thing I've done to this truck yet.
Mine had that at first but its since freed up. Plunger wont move still though. Was there any noticeable performance difference after you had the pump rebuilt?

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you send me a link where you sent yours for a rebuild?

20200320_154659.jpg20200320_154659.jpg

Kevin Donahue

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks