• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection pump rebuild. some pics.

b4thundr

Ok so today i picked up the farm service truck's pump from specialized diesel in Syracuse. i gotta tell ya these guys know what there doing! very informative and helpful! no bs also that is what I like! had a nice talk with Ernie the owner and Russ who rebuilt the pump. nice guys! I had them turn the pump up about 10 % and had it adjusted accordingly the plastic ring was totally shot! as you can see from the pics, when the ring goes and the rivets get sheared off the motor runs away! and when i'm under the combine running the air greaser off of the truck and the motor runs away i don't thing I'll be able to get to the key in time! lol so better to have it done now and be sure its gonna be OK! there was some other parts worn out that were replaced the plunger and the vanes. this poor fuel that we have now is killing these pumps we need add lubricity to the fuel! as soon as i get the pump on the motor and get to drive it I will add to this thread, also im fixing the service body, you might have read the thread about the body mounts breaking. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/55831-all-m1031-owners-please-check.html

The other pump in the pics is to the farms 1996 9600 John Deere combine she was leaking fuel in the cold months and on start up. they did that one too.

Attachments

Last edited:

K9Vic

I believe that ring is the problem with my 85 M1010 from what the local Stanadyne shop told me describing the running problems. When it starts to cool down outside I will remove it and get the whole pump rebuilt. Hopefully that will fix it and I can start to drive it again.

b4thundr

Hey guys i forgot to post the results of the pump rebuild, So they did turn the pump up 10% it does smoke more and it seems to have more power, i say this because the pedal does not have to be pushed down as far as it did crusing and gettin her up to speed. the other thing is the truck runs so much more smoother and quieter! call me silly but this is somethings i noted. maybe the timing in the pump and overall timing is better or working now. and the pedal is way easer to push for some reason.

Gastrap

Has anyone ever rebuilt these pumps themselves? I dont even know if parts are available.
I do the Roosa Master/Stanadyne rotary pumps at work & we stock most parts or get others overnight from the nearest pump shop, basically the same pump & should be readily available.

We dont have the equipment to do anything but the Roosa, all others get sent out. I usually stroke the rollers out a bit & then install a stop screw to adjust it down to where I want on the dyno ( tractors ).

albersondh

You can do some basic stuff like swapping seals and some trouble shooting and repair, but to properly cal the pump takes a pretty $$$ stand. If you know what critical parts to messure, and its a basic rebuild, no new plugers, mini-max ect needed, you can do a bench top rebuild. I have done a few in emergency situations and the results seemed to be ok.

To get more power (increasing roller to roller), you dont need to pull the pump. Its kind of a pain but you can increase overall fuel output with the pump installed.

Barrman

The parts are out there and not all that much. However, as written above. A pump needs to be calibrated once rebuilt. That means a calibration stand and that means you end up at somebody who does these things everyday. Your savings will not be much once you have to pay them to calibrate a pump they didn't put together. Because, you know they will find something that you didn't do right.

I don't like it either, but. Only having to R&R the pump once, not having to worry about burning the engine up or getting left on the side of the road almost makes me feel ok with it.

Buzz

Thanks guys, I think when its time I will pull the pump off and have it rebuilt. I would rather spend the extra $ and make life easy on me. Less Headaches!!!!:?