• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection pump replacement assistance.

Bloodmike

Hey Fellow soldiers,
I am in a bit of a pickle, last fall my deuce died (luckily in my driveway). From doing countless hours of scouring this forum, I learned quite a bit about the fuel system. I've read a lot about the HH, which i rebuilt a spare one I had and tried to remedy my fuel issue. Well, it didn't work, I know I'm in for a full IP replacement. I spoke withe the fellas at Eastern Surplus in Philly, and they said they would do it. With some asking around, to tow this beast to them is about $300-$400. Now with all the info I've learned from this forum, I know enough to be dangerous but not enough to be totally comfortable in tackling the task. What I am asking is if there's anyone in the 19440 zipcode area that has the experience in switching out the IP. I am more then capable of doing most of the work with some guidance. I would rather pay someone to help me then pay for the tow to Philly. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Mike

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought my deuce I had a s a non-runner, and the first job I tackled was.....replacing the IP. I certainly had to stop and scratch my head a few times, but working with the TM and a few well placed phone calls to guru (Gimp!) and it ran like a champ. Keep your money and do it your self. The hardest part for me was keeping it timed during assembly as its on kind of a half-stroke. I just put a breaker bar on the socket and a clamp on the fan blades to hold the bar there. (That will make sense when you get to that part)

Caseymikl

I bought my deuce I had a s a non-runner, and the first job I tackled was.....replacing the IP. I certainly had to stop and scratch my head a few times, but working with the TM and a few well placed phone calls to guru (Gimp!) and it ran like a champ. Keep your money and do it your self. The hardest part for me was keeping it timed during assembly as its on kind of a half-stroke. I just put a breaker bar on the socket and a clamp on the fan blades to hold the bar there. (That will make sense when you get to that part)
I did the exact same with mine. Never owned a deuce before. When I got it, the IP was laying on the floor board. First thing I did was install it. I made a thread and had a lot of help in that thread. Like 100 post or so long. I'll find it and link it to here. It's not that bad. Just tight spots. Between the manual and the help. It was doable and deuce still runs strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yolner

It's really not hard if you follow the TMs and read the threads on here. Ask eastern for an estimate of what they're actually going to charge you. I bet once you get that number in front of you the job won't look nearly as intimidating anymore.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks