• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection pump tapping! Need some advice.

My m1009 has been smoking slightly at startup(white) and under a heavy load smokes black. Under normal use it does not smoke at all. I believe I may hear a tapping coming from the ip. I also noticed that the other day the motor turned an extra crank or two after I killed the ignition. I cleaned all the electrical connections at the ip then, and this seemed to remedy the problem. I have done one heck of a lot to this truck, all thanks to this site. I am confident the tm can get me through an ip remove /replace. Are my symptoms ip related? I know a tapping ip is no good! It does seem to have no real loss of power however. Somebody give me a jumping off point. I need to get this thing figured out.

southdave

fuel shutoff solenoid maybe need to swap if the cleanining didn't help.. Smoke could be a injector fouling. do you heavly smell diesel? and that could cause the extra rotation.. I think gm recommends swaping them out every so often.. shot in the dark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks