• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection pump won't move when turning crank.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Truck looks like new. I can’t believe it sheared woodruff key and had other stuff clogged up. Mine has been perfect and it set for 20 years. I’m glad you got it going.
The key got sheared because the yahoos at govplanet kept trying to get it started. The shaft on the pump is so frozen I couldn't move it with two pipe wrenches. At least it's set up to shear.

Now I can finally deep clean this Yermo time capsule!

Reactions: OBX

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The key got sheared because the yahoos at govplanet kept trying to get it started. The shaft on the pump is so frozen I couldn't move it with two pipe wrenches. At least it's set up to shear.

You are still into it for very little money if I remember correctly. It’s a big win for you!

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are still into it for very little money if I remember correctly. It’s a big win for you!
It wasn't a bad buy for $7900 plus all the fees. $9842 out the door.

I did see a 2004 M1151 that was identical to mine with 40 miles in running condition for 11,900 two weeks ago. I would have rather paid the difference to have a turbo and a runner.

The cost of the new injection pump plus all materials and MY labor would of put me at that range.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It wasn't a bad buy for $7900 plus all the fees. $9842 out the door.

I did see a 2004 M1153 that was identical to mine with 40 miles in running condition for 11,900 two weeks ago. I would have rather paid the difference to have a turbo and a runner.

The cost of the new injection pump plus all materials and MY labor would of put me at that range.
After having my m1123 I realized I wanted ac, hard top. I have a really nice m1165 that doesn’t run coming and auction price was 14,100 and if I can get it back to A condition for 5,900 I will consider it a win. That’s not even Polaris RZR money

blutow

Great work, congrats on getting it going. I don't know much about these pumps, but it's pretty amazing that the key is the weakest link. I know they are designed to shear, but that's still a bunch of force and I'm surprised there wasn't something else that would fail first.

Have fun with the cleaning. I spent the last 2 days cleaning mine and I'm still not done, but it's great to get rid of the gritty dust and sand. It's amazing the amount of dirt these trucks are carrying, I've got a 30ft long silty sandbar going across my driveway.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great work, congrats on getting it going. I don't know much about these pumps, but it's pretty amazing that the key is the weakest link. I know they are designed to shear, but that's still a bunch of force and I'm surprised there wasn't something else that would fail first.

Have fun with the cleaning. I spent the last 2 days cleaning mine and I'm still not done, but it's great to get rid of the gritty dust and sand. It's amazing the amount of dirt these trucks are carrying, I've got a 30ft long silty sandbar going across my driveway.
Thank you! I've worked on gas motors since 16, so this diesel stuff was something new. I dumped about 5 gallons of California dirt in my front yard just from the fan shroud!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks