• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection pump

Jan Micka

Hi guys,
I am about to buy a humvee with bad IP, could I just order a reman IP from a civil diesel Blazer or chevy? I know I would have to swap the shut off solenoid and the cold advance solenoid as humvee is 24 volt. The cheapest I could find was Delphi reman with high altitude setting, 707 USD. To my knowledge the high altitude is just the pump calibrated giving less fuel.
I am located in Europe, so reman the actual pump is kind of tricky, as these pumps are not common here.
Thanks for advice.
Jan

GopherHill

As far as I recall, the civilian pump has a rubber "shock absorber" in the drive inside. They are known to disintegrate and clog up the insides. Military spec pump has an all steel drive train. Someone else probably has better advice.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may be able to do that with a 6.2L but AFAIK all the civy 6.5L engines have an "electronic" DB-4 IP not a DB-2 IP.
I am curious how you are sure the IP is bad?

Jan Micka

You may be able to do that with a 6.2L but AFAIK all the civy 6.5L engines have an "electronic" DB-4 IP not a DB-2 IP.
I am curious how you are sure the IP is bad?
The ip is disconnected from fuel rubber lines, disconected throttle cable, have been standing like that for years so smart idea would be while importing the truck from USA to have a new ip under the seat. I am aware the 6,5 civil pumps are electronic controlled.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Model of pump is dictated by the model year…DS4 pumps didn’t make its debut till I believe 1994, so 1983-1993 still ran DB2 pumps in Civilian trucks, the 92-93 H1 has a DB2.
DS4 pump is all ECM controlled for fuel management

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 1995 H1 is factory DB2 Steve. I believe 1995 was the last year.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks