• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector bubbling

mesias

Hey guys,

Today i ran the MEP803 longer to test the power output and top off the coolant. After a while of running just fine i noticed the doors had fuel sprayed on them. I check everywhere until i noticed that one injector was bubbling, of course the one beneath the muffler. The fuel puddled on top of the head until it spilled over the water pump and its pulley. I did clean these injectors myself and put them together with 30 lbs of torque. Any ideas?
Here is a link to a video video that should help understanding what i mean. Please mind the volume, it's a bit loud.

Last edited:

Ray70

If there was any debris at all in the holes, the copper washers may not seal good.
A quick fix I have found is to tighten the clamps, then take a hammer and a punch and give each injector a few good taps where the clamps contact the injectors to help "seat" the washers, if there was garbage under them.
Then retighten the hold down bolts.
If that doesn't fix the leak you will need to remove the injectors and clean the holes out better.

mesias

I cleaned those holes well, or at least I thought I did. I even got a cleaning kit just for that from UK. It's only one injector doing this so I'll try today tapping it the best I can without removing the muffler. There goes my freshly painted clamp!

Guyfang

Staff member
If tapping will not fix it. Pull it out. Repeat cleaning and then put it back in. Sometimes that will do it. I can not remember if the copper washer goes on in a certain direction. So get sets do. Allis Chambers is one. The Rosa Master fuel pumps use a special washer. It only is supposed to fit one way. Get it backwards, you will be putting them back on again.

mesias

I pulled the injector out, cleaned the hole again, installed it back in with a new washer, clamped it down and hamered it just enough. I let it ran for a few minutes until the genset reached temperature and no leaks so far. It's a bit late here so i couldn't run it long enough. I'll post updates tomorrow.
Thanks again for all your feedback.

Ray70

Good work! give it a little extra testing just to be sure, but you're probably good now. They usually show signs of leaking pretty quickly when there's a problem.

mesias

I think that also dabbing the washer in some grease as the TM states helps setting the washer. All injectors are now dry as a bone. Thanks again for your time and feedback.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks