• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector hard lines

helofire

Anybody recommend the best place to get the injector hard lines? Also best recommended brand for a complete gasket set for 6.2, Felpro or Sealed power? Vehicle is an 84 Blazer CUCV. Thanks.

cucvrus

I use Felpro J code 6.2 diesel. Make sure to have the heads gone over by a competent automotive machine shop and replace all the head bolts. Will used injection lines be good enough?

dougco1

You may have to look for good used takeout injector lines for the 6.2. New ones are no longer manufactured. I'm not sure if the 6.5 lines will work without bending them. I understand that if you bend them you compromise the interior coating.

cucvrus

I must have compromised several hundred interior coatings. I replaced many valve covers and gaskets with the intake in place. I would know of no way that a coating could be applied inside the lines. Not say they didn't do that but I see no need for it. And as long as they are not rusty used ones are just as good as new ones in my eyes. Good Luck. Sorry for all the bent fuel injection lines. But NOT really.

dougco1

I must have compromised several hundred interior coatings. I replaced many valve covers and gaskets with the intake in place. I would know of no way that a coating could be applied inside the lines. Not say they didn't do that but I see no need for it. And as long as they are not rusty used ones are just as good as new ones in my eyes. Good Luck. Sorry for all the bent fuel injection lines. But NOT really.
Rick
I believe the lines are glass lined for a reason; Same process like hot water heater tanks. Not actually glass but a special coating process. If they get bent/manipulated they will crack or crush the coating "like a porcelain sink or tub" that will flake off and could foul up your injectors and compromise the strength of the actual line. The lines are under extreme pressure from the injector pump to the injector. Just my 2 cents and I know it's true. I read it on the internet.

cucvrus

WOW no reply. HA HA. That is one process I would love to see. Did you ever see how thick the lines are and see a cross cut section. If I were an ambitious guy I would split one just to marvel at the glass lined injection lines. Reminds me of the glass lined tanks of Old Latrobe. Where they make Rolling Rock Beer.
Anheuser-Busch Newark goes all aluminum, says goodbye to Rolling Rock bottles from 'glass lined tanks'

Attachments

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
[QUOTE="dougco1, post:

I know it's true. I read it on the internet.
[/QUOTE]

C’MON MAN !!!!!!

dougco1

[QUOTE="dougco1, post:

I know it's true. I read it on the internet.

C’MON MAN !!!!!!
To all you non-believers;
I attached a quote from Accurate Diesel's website:

If you are rebuilding your engine or replacing your pump, now is a great time for new lines - injection lines do occasionally rupture and can leave you stranded. Trucks in northern states usually exhibit very rusty and pitted lines further worsening the situation. Failure to install all of the anti-vibration clamps can also lead to early failure. Diesel injection lines that have been bent during service can flake internally causing repeated fouling of fuel injectors.[QUOTE/]
To add to this for the OP helofire. Accurate Diesel advertises new 6.2-6.5 injector lines

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my opinion, Accurate Diesel is simply instilling fear to sell new injector lines. Typical marketing ploy. I have been working on diesel engines for 35 years and bent many injector lines to fit with no problems whatsoever. Neither have I have ever encountered a rupture condition. But as Doug said, if you can read it on the internet, it must be true.

cucvrus

Thanks for the information, afraid to brake them loose. I will just keep looking, Thanks.

By all means break them lines loose. I promise there is nothing to fear. I have had no fewer then 150 CUCV's and worked on many more. I bought them with bent unsecure lines and corrected many others. So have NO FEAR. All is well. Be Safe and Have a Great Day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks