• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector leaking Compression on a M931A2 and What does PMP stand for??

Tornadogt

I just got a M931A2 with a Cummins 6CTA8.3 and after driving it 540 miles on the recovery I noticed a pretty apparent compression leak from the number 4 injector. After removing the injector (much easier then I expected only took about 25 mins.) it looks like the Injector Seal (Brass washer added between the injector and the head) was not installed. Was this something that was just left out? Should I be concerned about the others they all seem to be tight and not leaking.. I noticed a tag on the dash that states (Odometer Reading at time of PMP 9105) and dated 07-08. I bought the truck with Odometer reading of 9312, that is only 207 miles put on the truck from 08 to now? I put more than that on it during the recovery. Does anyone know what is involved in the PMP process??? Does it including changing or removing the injectors, I am thinking this is when the injector brass seal was left out.

Ok found out what PMP stands for (Product Modernization Program PMP) but does anyone know how far they dig into these trucks during the PMP upgrades/maintenance?

Last edited:

Tornadogt

Update, did the repairs today total time about 25 mins to remove and an hour to reinstall and bleed injector pump was pretty easy. After cleaning the injector and blowing out the hole it looks like it did have the brass washer seal in it after all. It is in bad shape most likely from the injector being loose. I'm not sure the cause either it wasn't tightened up enough the first time or worked itself loose. It doesn't matter all fixed now.. FYI injector clamps torques to 18 Ft-lbs and the replacement Brass 0-Ring is Cummins Part number 3906659. It cost
$2.50 at the local dealer. Photo attached of injector, old O-Ring, and New O-Ring.
P080113_18.41.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks