• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector line leak

Mass Ownage

I've got a leak where the #4 line screw into the HH. I've checked the head for cracks and none. It slowly seeps out from the threads of the line. I've replaced the line and that slowed it down but it will not seal completely. I tried rotating the line a little, and that didn't work. Any ideas, tricks or suggestions? I replaced the line with one for TNJMurray, they use a metric nut and probably came from china, but they were the only ones I could find.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
they do not have to be very tight. more than likely it is the plug in the center of the HH that is leaking. you would not always see a crack, but it is very high pressure. the fix for many people ends up being a new HH.

Mass Ownage

Thanks for the info. You can see the leak start at the #4 line. It pools around the treads then leaks into the rest of the pump. At idle it's a very slow leak.

RobM36A2

I have something similar going on, its seeping from #6 or the middle bolt.
got the middle one out, cleaned and inspected, nothing to see. Start and run idle, no leaks, went to inspection, it drips all over.

Mass Ownage

I tried removing the center bolt but couldn't get it to break loose and I didn't want to break anything. Might try putting a breaker bar on it.

Rusty nuts

I am having the same issue on a couple of my lines. It is coming from the threads as I start to see it getting wet at the center of the rubber cap and when I lift the cap with a screwdriver, diesel run out from under the cap. I have tried tightening them and it got better but is still weeping a little.

Mass Ownage

I read on another post where a couple guys changed just the ferrules. Anyone have the Napa part #s. no good counterman work the part houses here anymore. If its not in their computer by year make and model they can't find it. I told him a 1966 M35A2 and he gave me a blank look...

volver

Was this ever resolved?

I was 75 miles into a 200 mile road trip when I noticed the leak. It looked like it was coming for under the HH I figured it was just a bad O-ring. It was a slow trickle of a leak

I drove another 25 miles to the destination. It felt a little under powered. It was leaking worse when I stopped.
After a 1 hour cool down I started the return trip. The truck would not go faster than 45 mph.
When I arrived home the truck would not go faster than 35mph. It died in the drive way.

After investigating further I found a leak on injection lines 2,4,6. I trimmed the old line to remove the ferrule. I replaced with a bite ferrule available at Grainger. Grainger # 1DCH2 Parker Model # 4 TU-S. It was a 1/4" bite ferrule.

This did not slow the leak one bit. The engine will start if you use staring fluid and 1/2 throttle. If you drop below 750 rpm the engine will die.

It seams odd that 3 injection lines would start leaking all at the same time.

I suspect a cracked hydraulic head.

What do you experts think?

rustystud

Was this ever resolved?

I was 75 miles into a 200 mile road trip when I noticed the leak. It looked like it was coming for under the HH I figured it was just a bad O-ring. It was a slow trickle of a leak

I drove another 25 miles to the destination. It felt a little under powered. It was leaking worse when I stopped.
After a 1 hour cool down I started the return trip. The truck would not go faster than 45 mph.
When I arrived home the truck would not go faster than 35mph. It died in the drive way.

After investigating further I found a leak on injection lines 2,4,6. I trimmed the old line to remove the ferrule. I replaced with a bite ferrule available at Grainger. Grainger # 1DCH2 Parker Model # 4 TU-S. It was a 1/4" bite ferrule.

This did not slow the leak one bit. The engine will start if you use staring fluid and 1/2 throttle. If you drop below 750 rpm the engine will die.

It seams odd that 3 injection lines would start leaking all at the same time.

I suspect a cracked hydraulic head.

What do you experts think?
Did you actually have leaking from the injector lines ? If so did the new ferrules stop the leaks ? If the leaks have stopped then yes you might have a bad Hydraulic Head. I would first check the fuel filters before doing anything else. Then check the fuel pump, then check the Hydraulic Head.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what I read looks like you have more than one problem. When I am looking for a leak at the head I cut off the stupid tin number cover. Just right down your firing order. Then I clean off the head and run/inspect to locate where the leak really is.
I have not seen the parker fittings and know nothing about them but the fittings that are on our lines are made to spin at the tips to prevent twisting of the line. The hard starting could be many things so you will need to start with the leak then move on to the main fuel control. Then from there you might need to check delivery valve or overflow valve.

I've noticed a fuel leak on my truck but haven't quite figured out exactly where it is coming from. I noticed on the HH where the injector lines come into, that fuel is puddling up inside of the nut on the lines and fuel is coming from under firing order plate. I've loosened and tightened them and it still seems to be happening. I have a new line and it seems to be doing the same but don't notice till you lift the rubber boot. I've cleaned the HH and got everything dry let the truck idle with throttle cable pulled out and checked for 5 minutes and saw nothing. Drove it around and came back and noticed fuel again. I recently just put new o-rings on HH as well thinking that was it. But no luck. Any ideas? It possibly couldn't be the remaining 5 lines are bad all at once?

Road Rage

I have a fuel leak on my A3 that shows up dripping off of the bolt head at this location on the back of the head. engine seems to run fine otherwise. Does anyone have any idea where to start?

Thanks,
Capture.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks