• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

injector line problems.

hfmt93

These injector lines have been giving me trouble for some time. I had one that was leaking slightly. I searched around here and found that it is hard to come by the old style 6.2 inj lines that I need.

I purchased what I was told was the old style I needed. It was not, but bent it into shape with a lot of effort.

since then I have replaced injectors and injection pump. After I got it back together that new line has developed a small leak that will not go away. I kept driving it anyways and then noticed a big leak. Looked under the hood expecting that same line to be spraying, but it was another.

I did not overtighten these lines but the first time i took them off I had to use a cheater bar to break the torque on the b-nut.

If I buy one of the 200 dollar 8 piece sets for the 6.2 will they fit the engine? Does anybody have experience with this?

Westech

CPL
I have a set off a 6.2 hummer (same lines as cucv) for $50 bucks. You DO NOT want to over tighten them. I use a wrench and only snug. You do not have to reef on them at all, just snug. If you over tighten them you will squish the flange and it will never seal again. If you have that much to get them off you overtightened them.

stump

make sure to hold the injector when installing the lines . If you tighten the line too much the injector will also turn. The 6.2 diesel uses 2 types of lines one for injectors that are at a angel and one that is strait. this depends on the year and any mods from previous repairs.

hfmt93

I did not overtighten these lines but the first time i took them off I had to use a cheater bar to break the torque on the b-nut.
make sure to hold the injector when installing the lines . If you tighten the line too much the injector will also turn. The 6.2 diesel uses 2 types of lines one for injectors that are at a angel and one that is strait. this depends on the year and any mods from previous repairs.
How can you tell which style you have? Are all the cucv's the same? Same as the hummer? Is the straight and angle difference in the injector or things like routing around the manifold?

grayw0lf

Sounds funny, but with any flare connection you sometimes need to hold/push the line in place with one hand while you spin the nut on with the other. You shouldn't have to use the wrench at all, except for the final tightening.

If the flare nut doesn't spin freely in 2 fingers, you'll likely have a leak. Stop & start over again.

48cj2a

I have a complete set I just removed from a CUCV engine I'm swapping with a Civy J Code 6.2. $50 plus shipping. Came off a 4X,XXX miles CUCV.