• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector line removal tool?

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When pulling the injection pump, is there a special wrench/tool for removing the lower fuel lines with the pump in place? Or do you have to remove the pump with the lines still attached? 6.5 engine.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
stanadyne lists nothing in their book. I always pulled them on the old IDI engines with the lines still attached.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I actually pulled mine today with the front 4 lines removed at the pump and the rear 4 still attached. What a royal PIA snaking those lines out!

snowtrac nome

I've replaced a ton of them both here and Iraq, I use a 3/8 drive 11/16 crows foot wrench and a long extention, and pull all lines before pulling the pump. The crows foot will also allow you to torque them to spec on reinstallation if you choose to. If you have a real stubborn one they also make crows foot line wrenches to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks