• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector lines torque

kaiser2help

Does anyone know the torque or procedure for successfully changing the fuel injector lines on the multi -fuel Lds 465-1A? I know its sounds simple. But there is not much simple when it comes to these engines. I am sure there is a torque for the flare nut end at the pump and at the injector as well. Thanks.

ENCS_DEI

Side of fuel injection pump has Warning label stating " IMPORTANT MAX TORQUE TUBING NUTS 25 LB. FT." This is probably because the hydraulic head is notorious for cracking between the delivery valve screw and No. 3 cylinder port. As far as the HP line to the nozzle I could not find any specifics. I usually go hand tight (LIGHTLY wrench until fitting is seated) and an additional flat of the nut.
Russ

chuck500cc

When I replaced mine I found that it was very important to start the line at the IP first and get it just barely tighter than than what you can tighten with your fingers and then start the line threads at the injector. Of course this is with metal lines. I made mistakes(I can do this with no help or advice). NOT! The lines at the pump started leaking and I ended up with $200 worth of fuel line mistakes. I found the helpful info here. I tightened my lines juuuust enough to where they did not leak. If I thought I was getting close to the torque values, I got out the wrench.

2cents(expensives ones)

Chuck XD Fan