• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector problem.... maybe

stampy

GLOWPLUGS...mine has the same problem. It will start with either every time though. Just use very little. I am getting mine replaced tomorrow. I have a front mount intake(ram air) so I spray a single spritz in there in the Am and she starts right up. Once it has heated up it will start no problem but under 85-90 deg it won't unless you crank it for a while to build compression.

partime

Easy TFE Thanks to you I now know I need power at the bottom.......Now I need to find out why I dont. Thanks

AndrewH

The controller card seems to be a fairly common problem, I don't know what kills them. I had to install a manual glow plug button to mine. When I got the vehicle the card had been removed. There is a thread here about the modification. It wold allow you to have the card and let it operate normally. You could use the button as needed or when the card died. I think doghead mad the thread about the mod. there is a lot more than one thread on this topic so you'll have to find it. Basically you add a momentary switch to ground the light blue/white stripe wire from the glowplug solenoid. This works in conjunction with the card and each will work entirely independent of the other. AndrewH

AndrewH

To get them started at the base, we had to use a heavy wire and jump power from the top major post to the bottom major post on the Glow plug solenoid. (Because the cards were missing) You can try this to check starting. Watch out for zappy zappy sparks!
Andrewh

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks