• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector pump leak.

Mass Ownage

My pump is leaking out of the top where two of my injector lines connect to the pump. First I though it was old lines so I replaced them all with a new set. Still leaking from the same two lines. One did get better but still seeps above idle. Is there an easy fix or am I basically stuck changing the pump?

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A typical place for the HH to crack is between the line ports.
Clean it real good, push the water caps up, dust it with baby powder and run it.
See if the leak is not between the ports and not at the threaded connection.

Keith_J

Replacing the hydraulic head isn't too terribly difficult. If you can get the injector lines reinstalled correctly :oops:. Look up how to time the quill gear correctly, remembering the centrifugal advance will bump the timing and the quill has a window which allows for only one installation position.

Mass Ownage

Took all the lines back off, recleaned all the ports, reconnected lines and was able to get #5 to stop leaking and #4 stopped at idle but still leaks a little under load.

Mass Ownage

Also, how tight is the middle bolt on top of the IP? I had a breaker-bar on it and couldn't loosen it. I didn't want to break anything so I stopped.

3dAngus

Seems to be an epidemic of leaks on these IPs here lately. Hope you can post some pictures of where yours is leaking.

Mass Ownage

Took the lines back off and recleaned all the ports, even ran a small magnet on a stick in all the ports and flushed them out with carb cleaner, and reinstalled. Haven't seen a leak from the lines, but now I can see I have a leak where the HH mates with IP. Project for this weekend.....