• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector Pump Return bubbles??

hedcrash

I have a M1114 6.5Turbo that doesnt start or when it does just for few seconds. I have installed a new injector pump as the old one was truly shot. In my troubleshooting I get good fuel from petcock off side of engine so I assume that tells me lift pump is working. When I hook a clear line from the top of the injector (next to 54a with it disconnected) I get fuel coming out but lots of air bubbles with it...do i have a leak in the line coming into the injector? I would think I should get clean stream and no air out of the injector return line. The return line is clear back to tank as I can hear bubbles when I put air through it. Thanks for any advice.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Either you still have a lot of air in the system, or somewhere before the lift pump there is a pinhole leak in a fuel line allowing air to get into it. Can't be after the lift pump as it's all positive pressure at that point (I say can't, but it's not completely impossible)
That is what seems most likely to me, but I'm not an expert on the fuel system.

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Feed the inlet of your injection pump with clean air free fuel via an elec pump from a jug .

If you get it running and the problem goes away then you know its getting air from in between the inj pump and the tank, the lift pump is often the culpret or old crappy fuel lines/fittings

With an elec pump you can also pre bleed the system for a quicker start, get most all of the air out before you even touch the key

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks