• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector Pump

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Its been a while since I tinkered with an FDC, but that sounds right.

Maybe I'll try it on SWB's truck when he isn't looking. On second thought, I bet I could do that to an FDC I have here and just swap it out.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have this one ready to put back together but don't have to much time to play (no comments Pete if your reading this) but when I get caught up I will install it on a runner and see if I can keep the fuel up but the smoke down.
Chris you know I respect your thoughts, input and knowledge. The thing with loosing the buttons is weird. My thoughts were if the HH or bottom of the HH with the button is always in contack with the tappet roller and the roller is always in contack with the cam then the button should stay in place. My thought is for some reason the plundger sticks, maybe just for a millisecond but that would be all that is needed to get a gap between the tappet. Then the tappet comes back up on the next pump stroke and smashes the button causeing the button retainer to come off and of course then the trouble begins. My thought on you thought is if the spring retainer is still on the bottom of the HH and in place when the plunger is compressed up to max it would stop the plunger from going any farther as it would be a solid. I will grab a HH today if I go to the property and take a pic of what im thinking.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is what I'm thinking about your thoughts. The plundger can only travel so far because of the spring and retainer. In the pic you can see I compressed the spring it as far as it could go with or without the button or something in between the plunger can only travel so far. Now thats with the spring compressed solid and the retainer in place. Now you thought would seem to come into play if we lost the retainer then the plundger could I guess go farther into the head. I thought that most of the threads the OP says they just lost the button and clip. It's good your thinking because there shure seems to be a rash of buttons comming off. I guess we could take a pole and see how many buttons came off when the machine was being used compaired to the machine sitting for long periods. Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

graham

My brother pulled the HH head off and said the clip came off so he put it back on and put every thing back together. At first the truck would not run but if you put the gas pedal to the floor it start. It will run but not good he said you have to keep the RPM around 1500-2500 there white smoke coming out of the exhaust and it sounds like your making popcorn while it running and it won't idle. Do you think the timing is off on the HH head he said he pulled it off and put it back on in the same spot he thinks.

graham

This is the first time my brother and I have had to work on a diesel he bought a deuce and a half years ago and it ran fine with no problems. I just picked this one up from a police auction where it has been sitting for a couple of years but like is said it ran fine when I put new battery's in it. I guess now it's just the fuel timing right.

poorboy

I'm new to the forum and if yall dont mind I have a question. I just bought my first m35a2 with the 465-1d multifuel, question is what would create fuel to pass into the crank case on these motors any help would be greatly appreciated .

welldigger

I'm new to the forum and if yall dont mind I have a question. I just bought my first m35a2 with the 465-1d multifuel, question is what would create fuel to pass into the crank case on these motors any help would be greatly appreciated .
The hh o rings can leak. The fdc can leak. The flame heater can leak and the booster pump on the side of the IP can leak. Those are the 4 main reasons. A leaking injector can also put fuel in the crank case but that's a fairly rare cause.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
where can I get a re-seal kit for the hh and the fdc? im new to this motor where is the flame heater located ?
If all you need is the Orings for the HH I have one set left just send me your address. No charge.
You need to bypass the FDC first as this is the place that is most in question for fuel leakage.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Poorboy, you need to start your own thread and not hijack someone elses. Or post in a related thread.

graham

My brother and I finally got a chance to work on the truck tonight. We rest the trimming on the motor and lined the marks on the HH head and put everything together. We shot a little starter fluid in it and fired up on the first. But now it has white smoke coming out and hastate when you step on the gas and feels like it's missing.

graham

Do I need to turn it a tooth clockwise or counter clockwise but when you hit the start button if fires up on the first try with no problems