• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector pump

Mike_Pop

Has anyone taken apart their injector pump to clean it? Is it worth doing? I had rust in mine when I pulled the top off. I just pulled the pump and found a mangled O-ring on the drive shaft. Can anyone tell me where the O-ring is supposed to go? It's on a 1984 M1009.

Thanks,

mangus580

Mike, any idea how many miles are on the engine (IP)? It might be worth just getting it rebuilt. They suggest doing it every 100k or so. I think that alot of CUCV IP's are due for replacement just because of age.

Mike_Pop

Mike,

I'm trying to sell this truck. I don't want to put any more money into it than I have to. My time is limited also.

I think the pump is fine since it was working well last summer. The truck only has 49K on it.

Mike_Pop

I need inexpensive solutions, not costly ones. I want this truck to be gone in two weeks without costing me anymore time or money.

Mike_Pop

Sorry...the CUCV is in NJ. But I have a bunch of trailers in Eurek that I want to sell. It's only a five hour ride from SLC. And...I will give you a place to stay and a meal. How's that for hospitality? Screw it, don't bother buying a trailer, just come out for a visit!

Mike_Pop

I just sold my Mog a month ago. :-(

But, I did manage to purchase a Mighty Mite! That might be good at Moab!!! I've never wheeled there, just camped along the Colorado near Fisher Towers a few times.

Mike_Pop

Well, I removed my injection pump and during the process, I found a bad O-ring on the driveshaft to the pump. After replacing it and reinstalling the pump, the truck fired right up and ran just fine. Unfortunately, I was lazy and didn't feel like getting a gasket for the pump to the engine block and now it is leaking. I though the old one would suffice.

In order to replace the gasket, I will have to pull the intake manifold and the injection pump off again. Oh well. Live and learn.

Photo attaced of O-ring that went bad. Since it was bad, I gave it a good scolding!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks