• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector pump?

A12ozProphet

My m1009 hasn't been started in 2-3 years, if I pour fuel down the "carb" it will run til thats gone and thats it. I guessing its the IP but I hate to replace it since I'm selling it. Any thoughts or easy fixes?

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is no carb on this diesel.

You need to change the fuel filter and empty the fuel canister and then see if your lift pump is providing fuel to the fuel filter and canister. If you have that then crack a few injectors to see if fuel is getting to the injectors while cranking. You need to do these tests first.

If you lost your prime to the filter then you can go from there but you need do do these tests first before throwing parts at the engine. Baby steps.

Mark

CARC686

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cheap and easy? Try and feed your injection pump from a fuel can on the roof. If that doesn't help, then your IP may be shot. If it does help, then any possible solutions are going to be a lot cheaper.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks