• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector rebuild?

hughscpa

Well the pink lady appears to be leaking from the Injector pump now. One of the leaks is where the housings meet I was told. So the question comes, is it something that can be rebuilt? Am I better off getting a rebuilt pump or a take-off from somebody? It has an LDT-465-1c in it. Any and all advice is welcome. Thanks

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Sounds like you mean injection pump, not injector. I would say they be able to be rebuilt, but I have never heard of anyone doing it right. I'd buy a good take out or new one.

hughscpa

You're right, I can't spell or type worth a darn today. I may have found a rebuilt engine or two today. Have to go look tomorrow. Would I be better off swapping the whole engine or just the injection pump and saving the engine?

hughscpa

I picked up two LDT-465-1D engines today. Will the injection pump fit my 1C that is already in it or will I need to change out the whole engine?

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks like a fuel leak and not oil. The only places fuel can come from is the hydraulic head or the top of the viccosity compensator. (Not counting all the tube connections.) There is a pair of "O" rings that will dry out and crack in the head. That is not a bad replacement job and can easily be done on the truck. Same for the compensator cap gasket.

If I rememeber correctly Gimp has the correct "O" ring specs for the head. If you were leaking oil it would be BLACK and any fuel leak into the pump interior will still show as black.
These are not fuel flooded pumps like many others, they are oil flooded.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a reminder if you did not know already replace the rubber oil feed line from block to ip if you end up takeing off the ip. Sooo much easer with the ip off!!!!!!!!!!

derby

Hughscpa, If your engine runs fine Just replace the pump. Do all the basic checks before you spend the time changing the pump though.
Lex_Ordo It kind of looks like the line from the FDC is leaking? pic#5

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Hughscpa, If your engine runs fine Just replace the pump. Do all the basic checks before you spend the time changing the pump though.
Lex_Ordo It kind of looks like the line from the FDC is leaking? pic#5
I agree.

Also, not sure what the difference is, but on all the pumps I've worked on, the throttle lever's(in pic 1) slit is lined up with the score on the shaft it slides onto. Your's is not.

Lex_Ordo

I agree.

Also, not sure what the difference is, but on all the pumps I've worked on, the throttle lever's(in pic 1) slit is lined up with the score on the shaft it slides onto. Your's is not.
Hmm? I wish I knew more about this, but I just don't. This is the way the truck came and has been running fine since 2008.
In fact it has never run better, save for these now present drips of fuel when I'm stopped.
I have done nothing to the IP except have a friend who had performed this before, change out the hoses.
So if it's just fuel, and those two 'O' rings need to be swapped out, along with tightening the hose connections I suspect...
With no knowledge of the IP, how woud I begin to take it apart, and replace the seals?

Lex_Ordo

Fair enough. I will check the connections out and go from there. I hope it is that simple. This truck has been a good solid runner since it was released, and it was well cared for by the unit it was assigned to. A little banged up, but mechanically, updated and maintained.

thehaas

my pump same leak getting goverment rebuild why you guys say no one can rebuild right what about gov rebuilds.and can you bypass density compensator

thehaas

mine leaks same place i figured out leaks more deisel fuel when pump switch is on .after getting pump out looks like fuel density compensator leaks internal right into govenor housing on back pump then drips out bottom.spray pump brake clean dry start truck and see where leak starts.also i think deisel pressurizes govenor housing also along with fuel.

Lex_Ordo

After cleaning everything off and drying, I started the motor. Doesn't appear to be from a hose. Definately from around the housing.

Can't even get a wrench in to play around with the hoses. PTO and other engine parts are in the way. I am taking it to a diesel mechanic to have him look at it.

I'll go from there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks