• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector tips

russ132

Hi all, I purchased new injector nozzles. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with how to swap these out. I could not find anything by searching. Thank you,
Russ

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's actually Gimpy, in a bikini!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Donate option is missing at the moment until we confirm a few things.

Also back to the original topic. It's always a good idea to have injectors pop tested when going through them. There's a local tractor shop I use to have mine done. $10 a injector. Basically it balances out the pressure needed to "pop" the injector. Resulting in a better running engine.

bigbird1

I work at at tractor shop , I also went to injection pump school , those ambec injectors need to be adjusted with shims and run on a bench pop off tester to see the pressure is set to proper specs. they really should be cleaned with a ultrasonic cleaner before the new tips are installed , one spec of dirt will stick the tips . I can walk you through changing them with a can of break clean and a clean bench but you will still have no way to check the pressure.