• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector

carter262

1984 M1009 Stock

Has any one had tried these?

http://www.ssdieselsupply.com/p270_ssdiesel_fuel_miser_injector_kit.html#photo

I am looking to replace mine and know from everything I have read I don't want Chinese ones. I am not interested in rebuilding mine myself either since I don't have access to the pop off tester.

I like the idea of the extra 25 horse power. They also have some with more horse power.

I am just not sure if they would work right and fit in a stock non-turbo engine.

Thanks.

Edit. My local part stores don't seem to know the difference between the C code and J code. Are the injectors the same for them. I believed they were different with the J code being a heavier duty one. All of them had trouble cross referencing the Bosch part number stamped on the original injector.

Last edited:

rodent

I'm also curious if there's better injectors out there today for the 6.2 and if the 25hp has actually been dyno proven.

Drock

That price is ridiculous :cookoo:. I'd just get stock 6.2 non turbo injectors. 6.5 ones with flow more, but that's the same as turning up the fuel 1/8.

carter262

That price is ridiculous :cookoo:. I'd just get stock 6.2 non turbo injectors. 6.5 ones with flow more, but that's the same as turning up the fuel 1/8.
The only ones I have found in stock were about $52 each.

My google-fu has let me down and I have not been able to find the part numbers for ones that do not have Chinese parts.

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Delphi and Bosch make them and are top quality replacements.
Bosch is what the trucks originally came with from factory.

Check ebay for Diesel 6.2L injectors.
Lots will come up but stay with the two brands mentioned.
It’s still an active auction so I can’t post listing link.

Stay away from the marine and “extra” horsepower injectors.
The CUCV engine wasn’t designed for these.
Your just wasting money.

I bought my Delphi’s on eBay from a Diesel fuel injector/pump service shop.
Best price for Delphi and included the German made braided return hose that doesn’t require the tiny clamps.
Bosch's were about $100 more.

Installed them and it’s made a huge difference.
Starts better
Idles smoother
Better throttle response
Quieter, especially at 55
Better mileage

7DBDD583-706E-483A-8C25-149A513F69B7.jpg
The NSN and part number for the Delphi.
As you can see, the military used Delphi for replacement.

EDIT:
$205.45 plus $7 shipping
set includes injectors and return hose/end caps.

Brand new....not remanufactured

Last edited:

carter262

Thanks for all the help. using y'alls advice I went with the Delphi 6704001.

Now the waiting game begins.

Bighorn

Did you get one of these as well; OTC Detroit Diesel Injector Socket 5060.
I went with the Delphi injectors from KR services on ebay.
Averaging 17 mpg with 3.73 gears and 33 inch tires at 4,000 to 9,000 ft elevation on a mixture of 25% #1 and 75% #2 DIESEL.
Speed limit where I am is 75 mph and i do 80.
I had to re-use my rubber fuel return lines because the new stuff didn't fit tight enough.
I noticed a big increase in power and smoothness immediately after swapping out the injectors.
For all I know, mine were original with 94,000 miles, they were Bosch.

Last edited by a moderator:

carter262

Did you get one of these as well; OTC Detroit Diesel Injector Socket 5060.
I went with the Delphi injectors from KR services on ebay.
Averaging 17 mpg with 3.73 gears and 33 inch tires at 4,000 to 9,000 ft elevation on a mixture of 25% #1 and 75% #2 DIESEL.
Speed limit where I am is 75 mph and i do 80.
I had to re-use my rubber fuel return lines because the new stuff didn't fit tight enough.
I noticed a big increase in power and smoothness immediately after swapping out the injectors.
For all I know, mine were original with 94,000 miles, they were Bosch.
I also bought the kit from kr. Originally I stayed away from ebay because I was worried about getting stuck with Chinese knock-offs, but y'all guided me to what seemed a legitimate deal.

I did not buy the socket yet. I have a friend that works for city fleet maintenance so I was going to see if they had one I could borrow before I paid for one.

Right now mine is stock; rear end, tires, and so on. I run regular diesel fuel (#2) with a little less than an oz per gallon (I eyeball it) 2 stroke motor oil mixed in as a lubricant additive. We are around 900' elevation, this is where the majority of my driving will be. If we go camping on vacation the highest mountain near by is around 5500'. Most of my driving is split between highway and regular roads so 35 to 65 mph. I'm not sure my mileage I have not really kept track. I will get a rough idea before I swap everything out for comparison.

Anyways, I am just trying to smooth things out and replace 30 some year old parts since this in my daily driver. I am also going to replace the fuel filter base with one I have that I sealed the sensor port in and install new AC60g glow plugs while I am switching out the injectors.

So thanks again for the help and guidance.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Snap-on makes a socket specifically for that injector.
Works perfect.

Whichever injector socket you use, leave the thread protectors on the injectors until your ready to hook the lines up.
That will prevent any leakage issues later if you accidentally nick one.

Bighorn

Another tip;
Replace the 4 injectors on one side and start the truck before touching the other bank.
Makes it easier to start when you are done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks