• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injectors Hazing? and was is Hazing?

camojcory

Ok recently my 1009 has begun puffing a little white smoke at an idle after you start it up. this stops as soon as the engine is warm. It also starting puffing black smoke anytime you accelerate or put it under a load.

I can't say i've noticed any major loss in power, but i think maybe a little, and there has been no change in mileage.

At first i didn't think much of it because shortly before this started happening, i started running a mixture of waste oil (about 25-35%) with my diesel. I just assumed the smoke was from this. But it seems to be getting worse.

the problem is i read a post that listed these exact symptoms and said it was due to injector hazing. is this something i should be worried about and how do i test for it?

camojcory

just to clarify, your saying one of my glow plugs is bad and its smoking because that cylinder has unburned fuel due to the lower temp?

I did replace all my GPs with 60Gs just a few months ago, but i guess i could check them to be sure.

And i don't think this would explain why it suddenly blows black smoke under a load.

Matt65

FWIW, mine blows black under heavy load as well: hills, heavy payload etc. If it's running, starting well, no coolant in oil, and not burning a lot of engine oil I would not worry about it.

I do admit I am not familiar with the hazing you mentioned. The white exhaust could be condensation evaporating.

Brett09

I would try running a tank or regular #2. If the problem doesn't go away I would it could be warn injector tips. What happens is the injector will open at a lower pressure and start spraying fuel sooner with a weaker mist. With the weak mist you don't get as clean of a burn even though there is a bit more fuel. This is why you get the black smoke with no real loss of power. It may very well just be time to rebuild them. I know my locale place charges 6 buck an injector to test them and if you get them rebuilt they wave the 6 dollar fee. I'm sure prices may very but that should be a good bench mark to go by.

Well that's my 2 cents on it. Good luck and hope this helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks