• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

inline electric fuel pump ignition power source

res0wc18

I want to install 1 of the 24 volt inline electric pumps. where are you guys getting your ignition source from? from what I understand I want to run over the relay from a hot ignition source that way the pump only runs on the engines on

richingalveston

if you are only running 12 volt to the relay that switches the 24 volts on to the pump, you can get the source from the fuse box, on the upper left side there are ignition taps that you can put a flat spade connector into. It is a slot that is only half as wide as a fuse location and is marked IGN.

hodgeb

I use the 'extra' ignition spade connector slot in the fuse block as well. That goes to an inline fuse, which then goes directly to the pump. This way I get fuel to the engine even if I've parked uphill (though I have to let it sit for a while to push back up).

res0wc18

So it looks like after taking the original filter etc off there is hot 12v at two spots on that harness that went to the filter. One looks like light duty and one large(for the heater) so that will be perfect to power the magnet style pump off a 93 ho 6.5. Best part is since i have a real parts store in town(napa) i can use oem connectors etc