• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Inner fender question

tsmall07

Is the forward battery supported by the inner fender? My battery is sagging down and my inner fender is rusted to hell. I was wondering if the latter may be causing the former.

tsmall07

Thanks!

While we're on the subject...Does American Classic Truck Parts sell good stuff? Their prices on inner fenders are significantly cheaper than LMC truck. Any thoughts? I don't want to buy crap that will just rust out again!

AJMBLAZER

There's also the fiberglass inner fenders too. That will probably be my course of action after we move away from Michigan and I can do the repair once.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ditto on the GM inners. Mine came without the extra strap bracing for the battery trays so I cut the old ones off and used them on the new inner fender.

If you switch to Optima or other gel cell batteries, they won't puke acid all over the fender and start the process again. If you want to stick with the 6TL's, make sure the vent caps stay snug and give the batteries, trays and inner fender a little baking soda water bath every so often.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW, the 6TLs are a little heavy for the CUCV and in time may cause stress cracks. Unless you have a full on show truck, the 6TL is not needed since the CUCV is not equipped for fording. I'd shy away from them but take this with a grain of salt since I know little about CUCVs.

tsmall07

I'm putting mid range wal marts in it for the time being until I can get all the electrical issues worked out. After that, I'll go with Optimas.

JohnFire

I went with the optima group 31 yellow tops, my truck finally sounds like it is cranking at the right speed vs. sounding like it was stuggling to start. I had two redtops in there before. My other cucv has heavy duty seconds and that sucker cranks really fast and they were cheap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks