• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Inner tubes

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought some 12.00-20 tires. I'm currently running 11.00-20 tires. Where is a good place to buy new tubes? What exactly do I search for online? Do I just need to buy new tubes or do I need to buy new tire flaps as well?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Most tires places will be able to get them. Or online tire supply. Prices are pretty close all around. 11.00 tubes will work in 1200s so don't let em try to sell you a special tune.

Yes replace the flap.

fasttruck

If you bought new tires they should come with new flaps. You don't say. If employing used flaps they have to be carefully checked for creases, cracks or other deformities' especially in the area where the valve stem passes through it. Any issues here will see the flap abrade the soft rubber tube and create a flat.

fasttruck

Reference post 4: Always use NEW tubes in NEW tires. Tires stretch with use and the tubes stretch with them. A used tube is larger than a new tire so when you cram it in there it will form creases which will eventually cause the tube to rupture. As new tires are frequently installed on front wheels such a flat will make you NMC: non mission capable.

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you bought new tires they should come with new flaps. You don't say. If employing used flaps they have to be carefully checked for creases, cracks or other deformities' especially in the area where the valve stem passes through it. Any issues here will see the flap abrade the soft rubber tube and create a flat.
They aren't new, they are used

fasttruck

It is possible to use serviceable used tubes in used tires as the tires are stretched dimensionally so a stretched tube will fit in them if new tubes are not available. As discussed in post 4 used flaps have to be inspected carefully. If they are 25 years old and brittle to the point of inflexibility or cracked or creased they will likely injure the tube and you will have to take the whole thing apart and replace the tube and the flap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks