• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Inova Remote start and applying load (without letting magic white smoke out)

impi

Actually I had considered this
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Kill-A-Watt-Electricity-Monitor-P4400/202196386

I was thinking about a plug off of each leg and just plugging one of these into each for my purpose. I can't think of any other way of wiring except to tag another 14 ga line in with the 4ga into the breaker though. I'm not sure this is allowable by code? Any electricians that can speak to this?
I have one of those to validate the frequency. I have a single circuit in my garage that feeds just a refrigerator through an outlet which is close to the panel. I validate frequency and voltage through that as it can be energized through one breaker while leaving the remainder of the breakers off. It will only show the load that is directly plugged into it. The other gauges shows total load per circuit and voltage. Frequency is the same regardless if the circuit you pull from.

smokem joe

I have one of those to validate the frequency. I have a single circuit in my garage that feeds just a refrigerator through an outlet which is close to the panel. I validate frequency and voltage through that as it can be energized through one breaker while leaving the remainder of the breakers off. It will only show the load that is directly plugged into it. The other gauges shows total load per circuit and voltage. Frequency is the same regardless if the circuit you pull from.
Frequency stays the same on both legs. I just like to know I'm at 120v and 61Hz before I open generator breaker on the panel instead of seeing it after. That's why I was curious as to what you had on yours on the generator side before it hit the main panel. I leave all my breakers on, except for AC and well, when I throw the generator breaker on. If its the 831 running then I shut most of them down first.

smokem joe

inverter/ regular generators, changes nothing in regards to gauges. the inverter changes are on the DC side of the circuit, not on anything you care to monitor
Most of those gauges say not to use on inverter type power or square wave power. The changes happen on the DC side but there must be something slightly different otherwise the gauge would know no difference. Unless the 831 would be clean enough power to not fry them I'd rather not try them and have them quit working.

LittleBill

Most of those gauges say not to use on inverter type power or square wave power. The changes happen on the DC side but there must be something slightly different otherwise the gauge would know no difference. Unless the 831 would be clean enough power to not fry them I'd rather not try them and have them quit working.

they are talking about modified sine wave inverters. that is not the case here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks