• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Inova remote start: contactor not closing

naehring2000

Hi folks, I recently installed a remote start from Inova on my 803 and everything worked perfectly as far as the engine going through the process of starting up except when it gets to the end of the warm up period the contactor doesn't close. I'm sure I am missing some wiring as all the pictures I have seen online show terminal block 10 on the board being utilized where mine is not.

Is this where I need that relay kit that is talked about in the manual? I am not an electronics guy so this is a learning experience.

I have an email and a voicemail in to Peter at Inova since late last week but haven't heard back.

Any help is appreciated.

jamawieb

No you don't need the relay. Go from terminal 10 on the board to K8 number 12. That will send the signal to activate the contactor. Just remember when you go to shut down, make sure you disconnect the load. the purpose of the relay is to disconnect load so the generator is not trying to supply load as the motor is shutting down. If you have a load on the generator as its shutting down, it could cause problems for the generator or electronics that are hooked to the unit.

jamawieb

That's correct. When the board is sent the signal to shutdown, the board sends the signal to the relay to disconnect load. Without the relay, the contactor does not disconnect from the lugs (or load).

jamawieb

By the way, these are great boards and I bought one of the first models, that I still use on my personal unit today. I have installed several and never had any failure issues.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks