• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

input pinnion seal replacement

212sparky

I am currently trying to get the pinnion seal out of the housing. what is the trick? do i just drive it out with a BFH? I have searched and looked the TM's and did not see any thing. Thanks for the advice guys!!

jerseyjeep2003

I am getting ready to do the same thing on my front rear. The U joint went bad and the vibration loosened up my pinion bearings. I am replacing bearings and seals at both flanges. Let me know how you make out. I will be starting my tear down next week sometime.

Hottrodd789

Snap on ha sa seal puller that did the trick kinda like a little hook u putin and a flat tab to hit with a hammer had it out in two hits

212sparky

I ended using a big punch to knock it out. then a block of wood to tap it in. I also put the seal in the freezer for a few hours and it went in easy.